My journey in this space started in 2003, with work that my colleagues and I did on ourselves and our organization at McKinsey and Company, South Africa. After many failed attempts, we were able to step change both performance and employee engagement and make the Johannesburg office one of the best performing offices across the McKinsey system. Just as importantly, after many years I felt an enormous sense of well-being and vitality from connecting to meaning and developing a deep awareness of my internal processes and mindsets.
Since then I have applied my expertise in both designing such programs and facilitating experiential workshops that drive transformational shifts for Top Teams and front-line employees successfully. As part of these engagements I have counselled and coached hundreds of senior leaders as they lead their organizations through these transformations, with a special focus on coaching them on personal mastery, difficult conversations and strategic thinking.
I have worked across multiple industries (financial services, basic materials, manufacturing, health care, high tech) and business challenges (operational improvements, high performance culture, mergers, sales transformations, turnarounds). Some of my recent work includes:
- Enhancing the transformation and change capabilities of the transformation office of a leading financial services organization in the US
- Leading the change management and culture transformation aspects of a lean transformation at a leading Chemical manufacturer in North America (informal coaching relationship with SVP Operations)
- Co-creating and implementing comprehensive performance transformations for multiple healthcare organizations that work under-served population of New York City
- Building a high-performance culture of a global dental implant organization to drive sustained business performance
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the leadership team of a New York based startup to drive long-term performance and disciplined execution
- Leading the creation of a peak performance culture in the R&D Department of a Fortune 100 manufacturing company
- Facilitating and leading the integration of culture in the merger of 3 large not for profit organizations in NY (coached CEOs of all three organizations)
- Creating a mission based peak performance culture for a global NGO operating in over 15 countries
- Building high-performance culture in multiple federal and local government organizations
Prior to founding Co-Creation Partners in 2010, I worked with McKinsey and Company for 11 years, most recently as a leader in their Organization practice in North America and before that in South Africa and the Marketing Practice, North America. Before McKinsey, I worked with Pepsi Cola International and Procter & Gamble within their marketing organizations in Europe, the Middle East and India. I have an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.A. Economics (Hons) from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. Reach out to me at email@example.com if you would like to have a dialogue on the following service lines:
- Business and Culture Transformations
- Top Team Effectiveness
- Strategy Development and Deployment
- Change Management
- Coaching of Senior Leaders
- Organization design
It all starts with a conversation.